Saturday, October 4, 2008

11 Wonderful Years


Wow!!! I cant believe it has been 11 years ago we were married. I remember it like it was yesterday, until I realize I have a 9 year old and a 4 year old. Time really does fly by when you are having fun. October 4, 1997, I remember picking the date which was no special day but just the day we could reserve everything we needed. We then realized that Joe would never forget the day because it was 10-4, and he is a truck driver, 10-4 copy! : ) That has been the one thing that anyone who was in our wedding remembers, he is reminded every year by a couple of his buddies. They always say they cant remember their own wedding day but they do remember ours.

I had a long sleeve dress, and my girls were wearing navy blue with a bit of velvet, going for the fall theme and it turned out to be about 80 degrees that day. Very, very hot! I remember waiting in the nursery of the church for the time to go down the isle. All my bridesmaids were very nervous and I was calm, of course they all had to go down before me. Finally the time was here and when I started down the isle there stands my gorgeous very soon to be husband crying. When asked why he was crying he said he was overwhelmed with my beauty. Good answer! We played our favorite song by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill "It's Your Love" and smiled the whole time. Joe wasn't paying attention at one point when saying our vows and said " What?" to Pastor Don, that gave us a chuckle and we had to be reminded to kiss but all in all it was a beautiful day.

I am married to a wonderful man, great provider, great father to our children and just want to say to him "Thanks for 11 wonderful years and many many more to come."

2 comments:

sherri said...

Oh Angie, I loved reading about your wedding day eleven years ago! Joe's answer was right on and very true...you looked gorgeous!

Happy Anniversary!

Ali said...

how fun to read! it's so sweet to hear your thoughts on your wedding day! it was a sweet wedding and a fun reception! :) congratulations on 11 wonderful years of marriage and praying for many many more to come! i love you guys!